Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists! Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
For future Top Ten Tuesday topics through January, can be found right here!
This week we're celebrating Turkey Day, Bookish style with our top ten authors we would want to be at our table on Thanksgiving.
1. Stephanie Meyer - Do I really have to explain this one? Twilight is the book that started my 'obsession' with YA literature!
2. Lauren DeStefano - I LOVED Wither. It is one of my favorite books I have read.
3. Suzanne Collins - The amazing Hunger Games trilogy is what got me into dystopian. Now, I'm a bit obsessed. I would love to talk to Suzanne about where the idea for these books came from.
4. Ally Condy - Again, another dystopian author that I really enjoy.
5. Lauren Oliver - Yes, another dystopian author. I would love to get all of these dystopian authors together and see how they call came up with their stories and compare their dystopian worlds!
6. Mark Hadden - Author of one of my favorite books, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. An amazing book that I would love to hear more about.
7. Augusten Burroughs - Burroughs is one of the authors that really got me into reading. I loved Running with Scissors. He might make the meal a bit interesting with his stories.
8. Jay Asher - Another inspirational author that I would love to meet. 13 Reasons Why is a great book and I think Asher would be a nice edition to the dinner!
9. Charlaine Harris - Um, I love True Blood. I have read all of the books in this series and though I get annoyed with Harris retelling details all the time, I did enjoy the books.
10. Maggie Stiefvater - Love her writing style! I would love to hear more about her writing!
Who would you have at your dinner table on Thanksgiving day?